Saturday, October 29, 2011

Getting Closer

4 weeks. I can't believe we are doing the FET in 4 weeks. It truely blows my mind. I have been waiting for this day for so long and I pray every night and most often throughout the day that this works. Right now I am taking BCP's and I start Lupron on Tuesday. I am very busy at work until the end of the year but will be taking the week off from work for the FET.  I don't plan on telling anyone at work. Right now only immediate family and a few close friends know. I have cut back on my exercising a lot this week. I need to probably eat a lot more fruits & veggies. It's that time of year when there are so many yummy foods and desserts that are being shared. I can't resist myself. Tonight I am having a few beers for the last time until the FET. I am doing my best to stay positive, I know I want this more than anything.

Monday, October 24, 2011

FET Scheduled

Today is CD1 and CCRM called me to schedule a tentative date for our upcoming FET. As of right now it will be Tuesday, November 29th. I really wanted Dr. G to do the FET so that's the date I got. I rather have done it on a Friday but in the end it really doesn't matter when I do it. It seems so close yet so far away. I am anxious, yet very scared. So I really need to concentrate on my diet (no more alcohol), exercise (less) and good overall mental health (be positive). I will be reading over all of your FET's experiences like crazy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011


Acupuncture: I really wanted this to work for me and truley believe it has long term benefits but I have decided not so do it and save money.  It costs $95 a session and that is just too much for us right now.  I think I will do it at CCRM though before and after the transfer to help relax me and my uterus.

Endo Biopsy: Well, I was torn on this one. I did decide to call and make an appointment but I couldn't get in until Nov. 15th.  I feel like that is too late as we could possibly be doing FET the first week in December.

FET: CD1 should be this weekend, I know they are starting me on BCP's for the first part and I am really concerned about that as I have ovulated through BCP's before. I am going to write my nurse and voice my concern on that plan. We are still leaning toward transferring only one. There are so many reasons and I do waiver back and forth everyday but my heart is telling me to only do one at a time.

Exercise:  In November I am going to cut back, a lot! I work out pretty hard sometimes and typically twice a day. I want to make sure my body is not stressed out from all the workouts.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Acu Update

I went to acupuncture on Friday. This is only my second time, ever. I went once before ER and didn't like the comment the lady said to me about octomom.  I just don't know how I feel about acupuncture. I try, I really try to relax. I don't mind the needles or anything it's just the relaxing part. My mind is going crazy, I am thinking about everything. I mean every little thing while I am trying to relax. Not good thoughts either.  I am just the type of person who has a hard time relaxing. I am going to give it a one more try, this time with someone else who specializes in infertility. I read all the benefits of acupuncture for IVF and I would really like it to benefit me. We shall see. Tomorrow I am going to call and schedule my endo biopsy. Also, we are leaning more towards only transferring one. That could change as it most often does daily.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gyno Consult

Well my consult with my gyno today was pretty quick. She is nice, but I definaltey don't plan on staying with her once I get pregnant. I really want someone who knows about infertility. We talked about the endo biopsy, she said she doesn't think I need it but, there is something to be said about a "piece of mind". She said if I wanted to I could schedule it this week. I didn't do that as I am going to do more research. I asked if the test would affect my FET in December and she said no, they take such a small amount. I guess if I do this and everything turns out OK, maybe I would transfer two embryos. I am still deciding about that too. I don't know if my husband and I would be able to handle two, at once. I am sure we would figure it out quickly but we have no family to help us and going from no babies to two babies, scares us. But then again, we would be done and have our two! To Be Continued...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Re-Group

I had the re-group on Friday. It went really well. I always feel so much better after I talk to Dr. G, he makes me feel so less stressed. We asked lost of questions.

First up was IMSI, why wasn't it done. Well he said that DH only had 400,000 sperm and of that only 4% were motile. Not good results so he said they were unable to do it with that few sperm. He also suggested that we bank some sperm just in case for the future.

Embryo Quality: 6 day vs 5 day. He said on day 5 our 2 embryos that we had left were eary blasts so that's why they let them grow until day 6.

Fertilization: why was it so bad for us? He said more than likely the sperm quality and the translocation. Although we only got 2 blasts he said that is 1 in 6, which are the expected results for the issues we have, so we got 2 out of 12. Dr. G really has a way of making me realize what we do have.

Endo Biopsy & the Protein: He said I shouldn't put myself through that, he didn't see any reason for me to. I am still going to see my gyno on Tuesday just to see what they think. He said on my u/s in CO my lining was 9mm and it had triple pattern which is suppose to be good.

Transferring: 1 or 2?!. He said I am a good candidate for both but also explained the complications of 2. I have to say we were leaning towards transfering 2 before the conversation but I think we are only going to transfer 1 now. I still have time to figure this out as we are not going to get things started until my next cycle which will be late October. I am so scared to put in both and lose both. I also am scared that my cervix can't handle 2. I had a LEEP done in 2008 so you never know. Dr. G went on to explain the possible complications of twins, really stuff that never crossed my mind.

So we got a lot of questions answered. He really gave us a lot to think about. It looks like the FET will be early December. I really wanted it to be sooner but with work and our schedules the later was just better for us.