Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Moving Along

I met with my local RE today to go over the cyst draining procedures. It seemed pretty simple. He also said he likes to go in and poke a few holes in the lining where cysts are created to prevent more from coming in. I was thrilled about that. So basically today we talked. It was nice, basically I have learned that you just sometimes have to talk to the doctor. They know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Again, I had problems with the receptionist. I did try to say something to the Dr. about her. He asked me why I did get the cyst drained sooner and I told him every time I call to schedule something it's either not available or it's a big struggle just to find me time to come in. He told me he would do whatever dates CCRM needed. That made me feel better. So the next time I called to schedule I will tell her that. Today she made me pay for my surgery that is next week. I asked why and she said that's the way we do things around here. Really? I said well when I was scheduled to get the cyst drained on July 5th I didn't pay in advance. Dr. Z (local ER) said he thinks the cyst will be gone when we do an u/s on Tuesday...I think so too. I told her this and she still made me pay. Whatever I guess I will get the money back somehow if the surgery is cancelled. So for the rest of the week I will try to eat pretty healthy, lots of raw veggies and lots of water. My husband is reading this book about water so he is constantly telling me to drink more water. It's the body's miracle drug.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sharing an Article

I am re-posting an article I saw on another blog I follow. I read it and decided I wanted to share it too. Not only does it talk about (in)fertility but it also mentions CCRM. I think all of us who are going through or who have gone through any fertility treatments can relate to this article and it's nice to see it being talked about more openly and honestly.  
The article was in the Wall Street Journal, here is the name of the article and a little info about it. Click on the title and it will take you to the article.
 My Fertility Crisis                                                                                                                            We hear about fertility treatments when they're successful. But for millions of women, they mean regret, heartbreak, shame and silence.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's Scheduled

Well, my local place called me back yesterday a couple hours after I called so that wasn't too bad. I just have to remember the bitch that always answers the phone is...well...A BITCH! She always answers the phone rude and takes everything so personally. I can't wait till I am done seeing them. Anyways, the draining is scheduled for Aug. 3. It seems so far away but that is what they had available. Until then I am still on BCP's, which make me feel so miserable. I have been spotting, I am bloated and super crampy. I keep telling myself it will all be worth it but then I remind myself I haven't even made it to the egg retrieval yet. I just keep thinking I have so far to go still. Now I am going to go have a few beers, lay out by the pool and later have some yummy sushi.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Local Happenings

Well I have been trying to get my cyst draining scheduled. It seems like it's always something with my local place. They are always short staffed and not very friendly. Today they told me that nobody would be calling me for a couple of days to get this scheduled...Really...It's times like these that I am so thankful I am going to CCRM. So right now I wait for them to call me back to schedule a time to get it drained. Let's just say if I don't hear from them by Monday I am going to just drive there and schedule it in person. I don't care anymore, they already clearly hate dealing with me so I might as well really have them hate dealing with me. If it wasn't for the Dr. who I like a lot, I wouldn't be going there. So now I wait...again.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting it Drained

I emailed CCRM about the cyst draining. My biggest concern was yesterday when I had the u/s there were not many resting follicles. I know the cyst is taking up a lot of space but I wanted to make sure if I did get it  drained that I still can get the best number of eggs. We need all we can get due to the genetic testing and due to the fact that in order to do another cycle, to save up all the money again, that would take us into 2012, we would need at least 6months to recover financially. They assured me it will help. So I guess I will get it drained. My local Dr. did tell me that it can come back after starting the stims and I am sure it will and we will be cancelled after starting stims. Real positive I know...
To drain the cyst, well they told me it's like an egg retrieval so it's pretty quick and simple. I have never had and ER so I am not too sure what it's like. My insurance will cover the cost so that is the nice part. I am not too confident in my decision but it can't hurt to try something. Some had commented about giving me something stronger to suppress me and I think that seems like the reasonable answer myself. I am going to write my nurse and ask that but for the most part they want it drained.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Day...Another Cyst

I had another u/s today and my labs tested. No surprise here...still a cyst on my left ovary it's 3cm. The good news was it is not producing any hormones. So Dr. G wants me to get it drained. I am so torn I don't know what to do. Should I get it drained? If I get it drained I say on BCP's for 5 days after that. Once CD1 arrives I start the drugs. If anyone one has any advice please let me know. Do I think my cyst will go away on its own once I start a new cycle... absolutely. Do I think a cyst will pop up on my right over after this one goes away on it's own...absolutely. Basically every time I ovulate I get at cyst that stays. Here is my track record with cyst. These are all the months I have been check for cysts and had them. All the months not listed doesn't mean I didn't have a cyst it just means I did get it checked that month.
December 2010-cyst
February 2011-cyst
April 2011-cyst
May 2011-cyst
June 2011-cyst
July 2011-cyst
I feel with this track record I need to do something because doing nothing isn't helping either. My husband thinks I should wait and the body will work itself out but...that hasn't happened yet. I am super torn. I don't want to rush anything or have a crappy cycle especially with the cost of everything, yet I don't want to not listen to Dr. G's advice. I hate infertility!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Feeling Better

It was finally nice talking to Dr. G, not that he really said anything new but I haven't talked to him since my ODWU in December. How crazy is that! I can't believe I am still waiting for an ER. Well he did tell me that I ovulated through the BCP and did get another cyst and he is changing my protocol and I am on BCP's until Tuesday and once I start CD1 and as long as there is no cyst we will start the meds right away.  I think that is what most people do anyways so doesn't sound too different. He did say this does happen, but not this often. Basically I feel better that it will eventually happen for me and I just have to be patient. I am not too confident that I won't have a cyst next week. Since they love me I am going to bet it is still there. I know I sound negative but I can feel sharp dull pains in my left ovary. Labs & u/s are scheduled for next week. Let's hope this one is a go. Tentative ER is for 8/3/11. I thought by now I would almost be ready to do a FET. One thing I have learned is I can't get ahead of myself in this game. One day at a time!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Plan B

Alrighty, the re-group is schedule at 10:45am on Friday with Dr. G. I am ready to get this figured out. I feel like I have broken some kind of recorded with cancelled cycles. My nurse re-assures me this does happen, that did make me feel better but I really want to talk to the Dr to figure out what Plan B is. I thought IVF was Plan B for me since doing it the old fashion was did not work out. I guess this may be Plan C. Who knows. I just want to figure something out because whatever I am doing now is not the right plan.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pushing Through

I tried to call CCRM today and every option I push is telling me  "this person is not available"...so I emailed them to try to schedule a re-group with Dr. G. CCRM wants me to get an u/s this Friday to see if the cyst is gone and then another one next week. I am not doing the one on Friday and I have decided I am not doing one next week until I can get my labs done first. When I get the results from my labs then I will do and u/s. Obviously if my Estradiol is high then it's still there. Last week my Estradial was 151, they like it below 50. I know I will not be getting this cyst drained if they ask me to. It's just not worth it. It will go away. I should have never gone on BCP's this month and just started stims right away like my nurse said they were going to do. Even my nurse was super surprised when Dr. G put me on BCP's again. It does suck waiting and going against some of the things they are telling me to do but when you are dropping almost $500 every time for u/s and labs it gets super frustrating.  I guess first things first, re-group with Dr. G. They sent me a new calendar, with a tentative ER on 8/3 but those calendars basically mean nothing to me anymore.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Another Cycle?!

Sorry I have been M.I.A for a few days. It was a busy weekend. My sister got married this past Saturday and the entire family was in town. It was great, I drank a lot and I forgot about IVF and all that other stuff that goes along with it until they called and told me this cycle was cancelled again! I don't know what to do?! I talked to me nurse on the phone for a while and she was as frustrated as I was. Especially since we were not going to do BCP's this time around and then we did. I got rid of the cyst on my right ovary and then one showed up on the left. Basically I am getting one every time I ovulate. My nurse told me I need to re-group with Dr. G and figure out a new plan. So I will call CCRM tomorrow to figure this all out. I am beyond disappointed. We were so ready for this, this month. I hope Dr. G has a better plan otherwise I really don't know where we go from here.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Can't Believe This

Seriously, I did my labs yesterday afternoon so they would be ready for today. Well, I finally called my local place and guess what....they forgot to send the blood. They said they were sorry and they will do their best to get the results. Well, their best will not be good enough. Colorado is a hour ahead of us and it probably won't be there are time for the Dr. to review. I am hoping. I ordered the Lupron so I have that for tomorrow. I just don't know if I should order my other stimming meds? UGH, why can't people just do their job, why!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011


I had my u/s today. Everything looked okay? I am not sure the u/s tech said I am about to ovulate. I can't keep things straight anymore. I thought you don't ovulate on BCP's. I am waiting for the labs which I won't get those results until tomorrow morning since I went late this afternoon. At this point I am not sure what will happen with this cycle. I will see what CCRM says tomorrow.