Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cancelled...

Well, we have to cancel this cycle due to that damn cyst. Nurse Annie called and Dr. Surrey said it's a no go. They said with the protocol that I am on, it does not work well with cysts. I thank them for that because I would sure hate to spend all this money on a shitty egg retrieval. The one positive thing I found out was...the cyst I had back in December was on my left ovary. This one is on my right ovary. So they do come and go as they please. I am going to do some home remedies and go to acupuncture. I am not going to be mad or sad that it didn't happen for us this month. I am going to take this time to relax and try to be really healthy. I had been working like a mad women these last 4 months and my body is pissed at me so I need to just let it be happy. NO MORE BEER! I love beer and will have a beer whenever I want and then tend to drink too much beer when I am hanging out with the fam. I will defiantly try to cut back!

6 comments:

  1. That stinks! At least you know though - wouldn't have wanted to go ahead and spend all of that money to have a stupid cyst compromise the success. Your time will come! If it makes you feel any better, I'm likely delayed too due to this stupid hydrosalpinx mess! I'm just trying to focus on the positive - doing everything we can to maximize success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly sure which protocol you are on, but if you want to try to avoid starting over with your cycle completely, you could ask your nurse about the prometrium/lupron overlap protocol. Dr. Surrey let me go through this protocol after I was cancelled last August, and it worked for me. I wrote a blog post about it and added a picture of CCRM's exact protocol instructions on my blog: http://ccrmjourney.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/prometrium-lupron-overlap-protocol/. I'm not sure who's a good candidate for it and who is not, but this protocol shaved several weeks off of our wait. I know how crushing it can be to have to start from scratch, so I just wanted to add this input! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks :( I think your attitude with accepting it and knowing it's for 'the best' in the long run is great. And you are so right, if proceeding puts you at risk or will decrease good results, then it's definitely worth the wait! Drink a beer (or two) and have fun this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear the cycle is canceled! But sounds like you have a great attitude about it. It's so true - want to make sure your body is as ready as it can be for the IVF to maximize your chances.

    And I hear ya on the beer. It's a weakness of mine too.

    Keep us posted on all the ways you're taking care of yourself during this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you have to cancel. Hope the cyst goes away quickly so that you can get started again. Beer is also my favorite. I try to stay away but there are so many delicious kinds and flavors--and I have a husband that brews beer for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the no beer thing. I drank beer until the day of our BFP. I luuuuv it. :)

    ReplyDelete