Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trigger Possibly Tonight!

Went in for my 3rd u/s and labs this morning. Everything is growing at the same rate so that is good. They still seem to be tracking only 15. I so much wanted more than that, but I will take what I can get. We already know we are genetic mutants so the more eggs the better for CCS testing. I wasn't expecting them to tell me that I would trigger tonight but that only makes sense, Egg Retrieval would be Wednesday just as they predicted. Husband and I have been watching some trigger shot videos and find them very entertaining yet scary. I am going to try not to think about it. I might go back to CCRM today if we are getting the trigger shot tonight and have them draw a circle for him to hit the correct spot. We met with the genetic counselor the other day and she just makes everything seem so simple and easy.  I mean everyone at CCRM sure makes you know how to feel good about all the crappy stuff you have to do.
*I am adding this info after I already posted but wanted something to reference to just in case...Yesterday I was still on 20 units of Lupron am/pm & 2 vials of menopur yesterday and today. Last night I had only 150 of Gonal-f instead of 300 so not much changed with the meds.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice talking to people who understand the importance of what you're going through...and how to deal with it like it's just routine and normal to be giving ourselves crazy shots?? :)

    I'd definitely say you should go in and have them draw a circle - it will probably give you both more confidence when it comes time to do the shot!

    I still think 15 is great - lots of prayers for tons of GREAT eggs at retrieval!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 15 is great!!! I've been told by 3 RE's that you don't want too many because the quality is then usually affected. I hope they all look great!

    Good luck with the trigger shot. I had to give it to myself this last time and it does burn but you guys can do it!! Just think about those lil babes it will make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - My husband chickened out of giving me the trigger shot and we called a nurse that comes to your hotel to give you the shot. It was $100 but worth it because my husband and I did not have to stress about it. (the number is in the back of the binder)
    But I am sure he would be able to do it. Just make sure to keep your muscles relaxed.
    So exciting! You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, triggering tonight! That is awesome. I do agree with other ladies, sometimes they say that you don't want too many eggs because the quality gets compromised. I think 15 is wonderful. BTW, if you trigger tonight, then ER would be Tuesday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 is great!! And the trigger shot is nothing - easy, breezy - don't sweat it (I had the nurse draw a circle on my my butt cheek for DH as well!!) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    vinyl flooring in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete